15 concubines ain't nothin' to sneeze at.
15 minutes a day! Give me just this and I'll prove I can make you a new man.
15 minutes will open up the amnesia and you'll have full recall.
15 years later, it's all the TV stars with the film deals, whether it's the cast of Friends or That '70s Show now with Ashton and other people doing stuff.
15. The love of money is the root of all evil (1Timothy 6:10, KJV). That's why Jesus issues more warnings about materialism and wealth than any other sin. Obviously, it takes a steady hand to hold a full cup.
1500 metre. I am the king.
16. Christians should never consult astrologers, psychics, or those who practice witchcraft (see Isaiah 47:13-14). They are usually phonies who only pretend to have extrasensory powers. But in some cases, they are working in cooperation with Satan. Rather than tamper with this evil world, the one true God wants us to bring our needs, problems, and decisions to Him. He has promised to lead us into all truth (see John 8:32).
17 is the weirdest age, because you can't figure out if you want to grow up or be a child.
17 seconds from Game 7, or from Championship number 6,Jordan, open, Chicago with the lead. Time out Utah, 5.2 seconds left, Michael Jordan running on fumes with 45 points.
17. One of the secrets of successful living is found in the word balance, referring to the avoidance of harmful extremes. We need food, but we should not overeat. We should work, but not make work our only activity. We should play, but not let play rule us. Throughout life, it will be important to find the safety of the middle ground rather than the imbalance of the extremes.
18 to 19 is definitely a brilliant age. Equally, 50 or 60 should be good. Everything is done; you can relax a bit.
18. Your life is before you. Be careful of the choices you make now that you could regret later. This regret is the subject of an old poem whose author has been forgotten. I hope you'll never have reason to apply it to yourself.
Across the fields of yesterday,
He sometimes comes to me
A little lad just back from play--
The boy I used to be.
He looks at me so wistfully
When once he's crept within;
It is as if he hoped to see
The man I might have been.
180 episodes of 'CSI: Miami' and never the same lipstick twice!
1819 was a year of hunger, mass unemployment, political repression and murderous, state-sanctioned violence.
18th century opera is packed with emotion, but contains not a trace of kitsch. Only with the 'thees' and 'thous' of Victorian poetry does the disease begin to grow in our poetic tradition.
18th century scientists, the French in particular, seldom did things simply if an absurdly demanding alternative was available.
19. Those who are the happiest are not necessarily those for whom life has been easiest. Emotional stability results from an attitude. It is refusing to yield to depression and fear, even when black clouds float overhead. It is improving that which can be improved and accepting that which is inevitable.
1900 was a bit of mixed bag, it seems to me, on the one hand, because this is the year when this country becomes the premiere producer of manufactured goods. Clearly, a lot of people were making a lot of money, but it's also a time that reflects the savaging of one of the deepest depressions.
1913 wasn't a very good year. 1913 gave us the income tax, the 16th amendment and the IRS.